McLeod Green Dewar LLP & Associates is a small to medium-sized law firm currently comprised of six lawyers, and ten support staff. We are located in the heart of downtown Kitchener and a two-minute walk from the Waterloo Region Courthouse.
We are a boutique style Family Law Firm with a centralized focus on negotiating Domestic Contracts, Litigation representation, including but not limited to Appeals, Mediation\Arbitration, Family and Children’s Services matters, and Family Law Act and Divorce Act matters.
We are seeking a lawyer to begin working with our firm as of April 2024.
The applicant’s required skills and knowledge must include:
- Qualified lawyer in Ontario
- Must be able to accept legal aid clients
- Flexibility to work with changing priorities
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong and effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail
- High level of professionalism and initiative
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Drafting legal documents, including but not limited to, Facta, pleadings, motions, affidavits, and conference briefs
- Drafting documents relating to: Correspondence to clients and opposing counsel
- Upkeep on all current client files, as well as bringing in new clients
- Delegate work to legal assistant
- Attending scheduled court dates
- Trials, appeals and mediation
- Billing and collections
- a competitive salary and bonus structure
- an extended medical and dental benefits package
- paid parking, and additional paid holidays over and above the legislated requirements.
The successful applicants must have 1-5 years of experience in the family law field, although we are open to considering all serious applicants.
For more information on our firm, explore our website at www.mgdlawyers.ca and to apply for a position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the office by telephone at 519-742-4297
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Option for Hybrid Remote Work
Monday to Friday